Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Brasserie 54



Last week my friend and I went on a culinary journey to France at Brasserie 54 located in Andersonville. The comfortable bistro atmosphere, exceptional customer service and a menu featuring classic but approachable french cuisine were highlights of the evening.

We started with a delicious cheese plate that included a cottonwood aged cheddar, petit basque and comte cheese paired with toasted baguette and apricot preserves. Those of you who know me well know that I'm obsessed with a good cheese plate and this one didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed trying a new type of cheese and the fresh apricot preserves was a delicious pairing. 

My friend ordered the croque vegetable with spinach, brie and caramelized onion served with their homemade frites. The sandwich was cooked to perfection and we couldn't stop eating the addictive frites. The portions here are pretty generous so I would suggest splitting the sandwich and save room for dessert (or more frites).

I ordered the savory quiche with mushrooms and spinach served with mixed greens in a lemon vinaigrette. The flaky crust of the quiche and the fresh seasonal ingredients made this dish a winner. I also really enjoyed the side salad with the tangy vinaigrette to round out the meal. 

If you're looking for a great date spot or a place to catch up with friends I would highly recommend Brasserie 54. I'll be back with my friends for the affordable french cuisine, amazing customer service, and the patio this summer. 

xoxo

PS

2 comments:

  1. Right in my neighborhood and I've never been! Looks delicious I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've passed by this spot a hundred times - good to know it's so fabulous! Will definitely be checking it out. Thanks, Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips