Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: (Super Easy) Gazpacho Soup

 

When summer hits I'm always craving a refreshing bowl of gazpacho soup for lunch. What I love about this recipe (found on Pinterest) is that it's easy to make and really healthy. I like my gazpacho a little spicy so I added a can of diced tomatoes with jalapeño peppers and added some tabasco sauce, but if you prefer something a little less spicy choose a can of regular diced tomatoes. I also prefer to leave the veggies whole in this soup, but you could combine these ingredients in a food processor to give the soup more texture. 

 
Gazpacho Soup:

Ingredients:
1 can diced tomatoes with jalapeño peppers
1 cucumber diced (remove seeds - optional)
1/2 small green pepper
Onion & garlic (I omitted this from my recipe but add as much as you prefer)
1 cup of tomato juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Tabasco sauce
Salt & pepper

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and let the soup sit overnight so the flavors can meld together. Enjoy with a few slices of avocado and/or croutons.

xoxo

PS


1 comment:

 
Blogging tips